WELCOME TO
"FOR THE LOVE OF LABRADORS"
My goal with this blog is for you to enjoy your time here. Most of the posts talk about my experiences raising my two yellow Labrador Retrievers, some are just for fun, and others share the best dog related information and products I have found.

Use the tabs above for quick navigation. I have imbedded links for as much as possible so that you can find the resources easily from this blog. The links in the side bar are for websites that have been helpful to me. I hope that you find them useful for you and your canine "family member"

Friday, November 10, 2006

Part 3: Raising two Labrador Retrievers "at the same time" - A few things we have learned

I started this topic here and continued it here in responce to a reader's question as to what we had done specific to having a two dog houseold and raising two puppies at the same time.

Today I found a nice article on the web that addresses this topic very well.

Many of the pit falls listed here we saw first hand and had to address as they came up. I hope you find the information helpful.

Another good article can be found here:
Yes, even the experts say you have your work cut out for you.

Is it worth it? Yes, it is!! Here is another womans perspective on the joys of a two dog household.

6 comments:

RDVIDEO said...

Thanks for posting this blog. We just brought home 2 male labs from the same litter born Jan 28,2007. Your post gives us something to look forward too.

Here is the url for my blog.

http://rdvideo1.blogspot.com/

"Sunshine" said...

Your puppies are gorgeous. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope it's been helpful. Looking forward to seeing your two as they grow up.

"Sunshine"

Unknown said...

I found your blog via google, and 1 month into having 2 lab puppies (boy/ girl) from the same litter.

Did you follow the guidelines in the second article (feed, walk, sleep, play separately) verbatim, or take some separation more than others?

Thanks
Edward

mandigo said...

The post is written in very a good manner and it entails much useful information for me. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for writing this blog. Everything on the Web is so negative about raising two labradors. You are a welcome breath of fresh air.

Anonymous said...

I am so grateful for your blog. I didn't realize how much negativity there was about raising two pups together. Ours are now 5 months old and we have been training them and walking them separately. We also have 2 crates and they don't seem too upset when we separate them for different reasons. Now the teething has begun... this is the current challenge. Thank you so much for your positive advice!