WELCOME TO
"FOR THE LOVE OF LABRADORS"
My goal with this blog is for you to enjoy your time here. Most of the posts talk about my experiences raising my two yellow Labrador Retrievers, some are just for fun, and others share the best dog related information and products I have found.

Use the tabs above for quick navigation. I have imbedded links for as much as possible so that you can find the resources easily from this blog. The links in the side bar are for websites that have been helpful to me. I hope that you find them useful for you and your canine "family member"

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Why is a labrador called a man's best friend?

I recently had the following key word search bring someone to my blog: "why is a labrador called a man's best friend?" I could write a whole post on my answer to that question . . . oh wait, I wrote a 95+ post and counting blog answering that question already.

So I decided to do the search myself and ended up at an adorable collection of quotes about Labradors written by young kids. Here are just a few:


I love Myffy (Labrador Retriever) because he is a cute little pup. I hope he will grow up to be an intelligent and responsible dog. He loves to play with me and enjoys running around. Anupama, Age 11, New Delhi, India

We have two Labradors. Our first dog, Max Million, he looks like a big bear. Our second dog Maddie, looks like a Salamander, because she lays on her tum tum with her legs spread out! Anonymous, ages 11 and 9, Washington USA

I have some dogs too! Yeller (named after Old Yeller): He is a yellow Labrador Retriever and very obedient. He is 6 years old and he has mellowed out a whole bunch! I got him when he was a puppy. He can be very cute and cuddly at times! Kara

I have a black Lab. His name is Chivas. I had another dog but she died. Her name was Bailey. She was a yellow Lab. I also had a chocolate Lab. His name was Captain. We had to give him away, because he kept on digging out. I want another dog so that my dog can have a playmate. Kimberly, Age 9

My Lab, Mac, is so cute. He is three months old and loves to chew on things. He is a purebred yellow Lab.
Kelsey, Age 12, Florida USA
Now if you're a lover of Labrador's like me you have to be smiling after reading just those few. For more visit: "LoveYourDog.com"

No comments: