WELCOME TO
"FOR THE LOVE OF LABRADORS"
My goal with this blog is for you to enjoy your time here. Most of the posts talk about my experiences raising my two yellow Labrador Retrievers, some are just for fun, and others share the best dog related information and products I have found.

Use the tabs above for quick navigation. I have imbedded links for as much as possible so that you can find the resources easily from this blog. The links in the side bar are for websites that have been helpful to me. I hope that you find them useful for you and your canine "family member"

Monday, October 09, 2006

"Bones Would Rain From The Sky"

Yesterday I finished Jan Fennell's book , "Tales From A Dog Listener", and dove headfirst into "Bones . . ." Wow, Suzanne Clothier is amazing! If you truly want to open up your heart and experience the beauty possible in the relationship we can share with our animal companions, than you MUST read this book. Halfway through chapter one I got out my highlighter and sticky note bookmarks. I now have over a dozen tagged pages and I'm just starting chapter four.

I noted in a previous post, when the book first arrived, an excerpt from the book's jacket, :

"As in no other "dog book" or training manual, in Bones Would Rain Form The Sky an extraordinary woman shows us how to find a deep connection with another being and to receive an incomparable gift: a profound, lifelong relationship with the dog you love."
Copyright © 2002
This book delivers on its promises. I hope those of you who own a dog who are reading this blog will buy this wonderful book. It is not a training manual in the typical sense, but we don't need any more of those. This book goes to the heart of understanding what it takes to build a true bond with your dog. A life long bond based on the love, trust, understanding, and the dedication that every dog deserves.

No comments: