WELCOME TO
"FOR THE LOVE OF LABRADORS"
My goal with this blog is for you to enjoy your time here. Most of the posts talk about my experiences raising my two yellow Labrador Retrievers, some are just for fun, and others share the best dog related information and products I have found.

Use the tabs above for quick navigation. I have imbedded links for as much as possible so that you can find the resources easily from this blog. The links in the side bar are for websites that have been helpful to me. I hope that you find them useful for you and your canine "family member"

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Top Ten List of Things You Should Never Give Animals

This list "Top Ten List of Things You Should Never Give Animals" was compiled by Dr. Karen Halligan, the Director of Veterinary Services at the SPCA of Los Angeles.

  1. Bones
  2. Chocolate
  3. Alcohol
  4. Milk
  5. Ham & other salty meats
  6. Onions
  7. Caffeine
  8. Avocados
  9. Tuna fish (for cats)
  10. Grapes/Raisins
Always good to know!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From my understanding, as far as dogs are concerned - cooked bones are the problem because they splinter. Raw bones, however, are fine.