WELCOME TO
"FOR THE LOVE OF LABRADORS"
My goal with this blog is for you to enjoy your time here. Most of the posts talk about my experiences raising my two yellow Labrador Retrievers, some are just for fun, and others share the best dog related information and products I have found.

Use the tabs above for quick navigation. I have imbedded links for as much as possible so that you can find the resources easily from this blog. The links in the side bar are for websites that have been helpful to me. I hope that you find them useful for you and your canine "family member"

Monday, September 04, 2006

What to feed a Labrador Retriever

On my journey to learn all that I could about what was best for my dogs one web site stood out among the rest. William D. Cusick, The Animal Advocate has put together an awesome website that specifically addresses the nutritional needs of different breeds of dogs. With permission I am thrilled to share the following exerpt.

Each breed of dog has its own unique
set of nutritional requirements.

[excerpt]

"The Labrador Retriever is also only one of the few breeds known to produce an oil through the pores of the skin. It will develop a very dry and brittle coat in a very short period of time when the entire Linoleic acid group is not present in its daily diet." William D. Cusick, The Animal Advocate
Posted by permission from the author, 9/04/2006

No comments: